Jamie's Update: Fun Run & DL Survey
Dear SGS Parents,
This is a four-day week of classes with a long Memorial Day weekend before our final “push” towards the end of the school year. This past weekend was highlighted by the SGS Virtual Fun Run and the far-reaching participation of Dragons across the globe. Thank you again to SGS Upper School Teacher, Rachel Hildie, for creating this community event. It was heartwarming to see the SG Spirit come through in pictures posted to the various social media pages. We all miss our community gatherings and events that make the SGS experience so special. Go Dragons!
There is a great deal going on behind the scenes as school continues, so let me give a brief update:
Thank you to all of our families that took time to answer the May Distance Learning survey. This provides very helpful information for our consideration and direction!! We had 110 completed surveys and each division was well-represented in the responses. We are still analyzing and applying results.
Several initial takeaways from the second round of surveys:
- There is a better balance in workload and the type of work being assigned – majority of answers were “just right”;
- There is still a desire for more synchronous work for some families;
- The age and developmental level of the child impacts the DL experience for the child and the entire family;
- About 50% of the families have or are anticipating a negative financial impact;
- Average response to recommending Saint George’s to friends was a 4.52 (1 =Strongly not recommend/ 5 = Strongly recommend).
The Administrative team is developing an end of year pick-up/drop-off plan for students to collect their belongings and turn in school issued technology. We will create a schedule for June 8 – 10. More details to come next week.
The Administration and the Board have been meeting to address many aspects of the COVID-19 related issues. Please see the Board & Administration Letter that provides more details as they currently stand.
Have a great week and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend with family and friend as we honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
Head of School